Peppermint Payments Pty Ltd Collection Statement
- How do we collect personal information?
We generally collect personal information directly from you. For example, personal information will be collected through our application processes, forms and other interactions with you in the course of providing you with our products and services, including when you visit our website, use a mobile app from us, call us or send us correspondence. Sometimes we may collect personal information about you from a third party, such as credit providers, credit reporting and marketing agencies.
- Why do we collect personal information?
We collect and hold personal information about you so that we may:
- provide you with our products and services;
- let you know about other products or services we offer, send you information about special offers or invite you to events;
- protect our business and other customers from fraudulent or unlawful activity;
- consider any concerns or complaints you may have;
- comply with relevant laws, regulations and other legal obligations;
- help us improve the products and services offered to our customers.
- What if you don’t provide your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or meet your needs appropriately.
- Use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to assist us to provide a product or service to you;
- completion of documentation and application forms;
- to consider and assess your request for a product or service;
- to provide you with information about a product or service and invite you to marketing events;
- to protect our business and other clients from fraudulent or unlawful activity;
- to conduct our business and perform other management and administration tasks;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may have;
- to manage any legal actions involving us
- to comply with relevant laws, regulations and other legal obligations; and
- to help us improve the products and services offered to our clients, and to enhance our overall business.
- Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose personal information to:
- our related entities;
- an agent, professional advisor or service provider we engage to carry out our functions and activities including lawyers, accountants, IT contractors, and marketing companies;
- organisations involved in a transfer or sale of our assets or business;
- financial institutions involved in managing our payments, such as banks;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- anyone whom you authorise us to disclose it.
- Sending information overseas
We are likely to disclose your personal information to recipients located in the following countries:
- the Philippines; and
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients without your consent unless:
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach the Privacy Act 1988 (‘Privacy Act’), or the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’); or
- the recipient is subject to a similar information privacy regime.
- Your rights
- you may access the personal information we hold about you;
- you may seek the correction of your personal information; and
- you may ask us to provide an alternative means of identity verification for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth;
- you may complain about a breach of the Privacy Act, including the APPs; and
- we will deal with a privacy complaint.
- Credit reporting
We may also disclose your personal information (including credit information about your credit liabilities, repayments and defaults) to credit reporting bodies (CRBs). We may also collect this information from CRBs.
Information about credit reporting, including the contact details of the CRBs we deal with, how we or a CRB may use your information, how to access our policies and your rights in relation to your credit information, is available at www.bizmoto.com.au. You can request to have this information provided in hard copy by contacting our Privacy Officer.